A few times this past week we have tried not swaddling, but kept breaking down and swaddling him! Well, last night we stuck with it and it was just fine, at first. It took over an hour of rocking, but eventually he fell asleep unswaddled and we put him in his crib (for the first time ever!). He slept great from about 7 pm until 10:30pm, he made noise and so I fed him, and then he went back to sleep in his crib for about 2 hours. At that point, I brought him in the bed and everything went down hill from there. He was up every single hour until around 5:45 am.
I always try to feed him every time he wakes (he doesn't actually even open his eyes, unless I do nothing, then he opens his eyes), but he clearly is not hungry. I'm thinking this is a bad habit (trying to feed him every single time he wakes up), so tonight I will try just rocking him back to sleep. I'd like to try keeping him in his room and stop bringing him into our bed, because he has just learned to roll over and I'm worried he might roll right off the bed. As much as I love having the little guy snoozing right next me, I think we would all sleep better if he wasn't constantly waking up!
Anyway, this was probably a pretty boring post for most, but that is basically the main thing going on right now- his sleeping woes!
No comments:
Post a Comment