Vatanai Koira- 4.1m
I wear this wrap most of the time when I'm home. It's soft and comfortable, yet very supportive (MUCH more so than a moby-type carrier). It's not too thick for this hot Brisbane weather and Henry takes most of his naps in here. The 4.1m size is perfect for all carries. The carry in the picture is the front cross carry, which is my favourite front carry. It's easy and poppable (meaning, I can pop Henry in and out without re-tying).
Vatanai Kipawa- 3.5 m
This is my favourite wrap because I like how it feels the best, but it's too short to do any front carries comfortably. I only use this wrap to do back carries. It's good for getting housework done. This is a high ruck carry with a tibetan tie. Instructions can be found here, or on youtube.
I wrote a post about the Beco the other day. You can find it here. I use this one primarily when I'm out and about because it's super comfortable and easy to get on and off. I sometimes wear it around the house, but if he falls asleep I have to hold his head up and that's kind of annoying. It does come with a hood attachment, but I've never used it. This carrier is very similar to an ergo, which I have never tried, but have also heard good things about.
I also have:
- Close Carrier: This was only good for the newborn stage. It's much too stretchy and warm. A good quality wrap (like a Vatanai) is all you need.
- Minimonkey sling: I hate slings. They hurt my back. The only good thing about them is that they are easy on and easy off. Henry never liked laying in the horizontal position.
- Bali Baby Breeze 4.6m wrap: I like this one because it's nice and thin (great for this unbearable heat!), but it sort of digs into my shoulders. I prefer the Vatanai wraps, even though they are slightly thicker.
- Catbird Baby Mei Tai: I used to use this all the time before I got my beco. It has no head support, so it's not so great when Henry falls asleep. It also has no structure at all, so he kind of slides down when he falls asleep. I think I will use this one more when he gets a bit older.
- Baby Bjorn: I hate this one with a passion. It hurts my back and shoulders! I even have the synergy, which looks like it has amazing back support, but it's deceiving. Mark uses it, but I think that's only because it was so expensive, he feels like he needs to get his money's worth. One good thing about it is that Henry can face out, which he very much enjoys.
No comments:
Post a Comment