Up until a few days ago Henry slept in our bed most of the night (he would begin the night in the hammock and then stay in our bed after the first feeding, simply because this was the easiest). This arrangement was great for a while, but then he started waking up every single hour! He would be rooting around for a feed, but would barely even nibble, so he clearly wasn't hungry. He would make tons of noise all night and nobody was getting any sleep.
So, a few nights ago, out of the blue we decided we would move him into his crib. This means that when he wakes to feed every 2.5 to 3 hours at night (we have a monitor), I have to wake up completely, walk all the way down the hall and feed him in the rocking chair, instead of side-nursing in bed and drifting back to sleep. For some reason, this worked! He now only wakes up 2 or 3 times (as opposed to 6+ times) and Mark and Henry are getting a much better sleep. The only problem is that my sleep has gone down the drain! I am totally unable to function during the day. I just can't win! Oh yeah, and now Henry has decided to wake up for the day at 4 am...
His naps however, have drastically improved. He takes one long nap in his crib each day and naps in the wrap for another 2 naps. I guess the 40 minute nap thing must have been a phase.
No comments:
Post a Comment