25 August 2010

Weight issues


Most of the time Henry is absolutely delightful, but for the past few days, he has been irritable and extremely clingy (and bizarrely, he suddenly hates bath time, but still loves swimming lessons).  I just knew something was wrong and today he had a slight fever, so I decided to take him to the doctor.  It turns out that he has a bit of an upper respiratory infection (just a mild virus).  Poor guy :(  There's not much we can do really, except wait for it to pass. 

While we were there, the doctor weighed him and FINALLY showed some concern about how small he is!  For months I have been saying that it seems a bit odd that he doesn't gain that much and he keeps dropping percentiles, but the doctor just kept saying that he was fine and within the normal range.  I have to go back next week and if he hasn't gained anything by then they will give us a referral to the paediatrician.  My first thought was that maybe he has coeliac disease (Mark has coeliac and the disease is hereditary).  I really really hope that he doesn't, but it's best that we find out sooner rather than later.  I will keep you updated!
  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails