17 August 2010

I hate teething!

 
We are in teething hell at the moment.  Henry got his first tooth last week and I just noticed his second tooth came through today.  He has been sleeping horribly and was sick all day yesterday and today (who knew that teething can cause a cold??!).  Rosy cheeks, runny nose, hoarse voice, and general irritability.  I have tried literally everything (cold teething ring, ice, cold wash cloth, teething rusks, amber teething necklace, hylands teething tablets, bonjela, panadol, etc.) and nothing helps! This is no fun!  The only thing that seems to help is breastfeeding.  Thank goodness for breastfeeding!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Reason number 679 to breastfeed :) I hope he feels better soon, though!

Carly said...

OMG Leah We are in the same hell - Mason is ONLY 5 months and there is no tooth in SIGHT. I think teething is going to put us through the ringer. MY little guy literally wakes up EVERY hour at night! ughhh. I am breastfeeding like crazy too and my supply is low at night which only makes him more mad. Oh well this to shall pass right!!

Leah said...

oh carly, I definitely hear you! The night wakings are the WORST! Luckily I can nap with the little guy during the day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails