On Sunday (~9 months 2 weeks) Henry's first tooth started to emerge (just a little corner of the bottom right tooth) and it's slowly making it's way out! Today I noticed that the entire top of the tooth has finally broken through the gums. I have no idea how long it takes until the tooth is at its full height, maybe a week?
All in all, it seems like he's been teething for months, it escalated over the past week or two (excessive drooling and chewing on everything), with the worst of it on Saturday night. I tried infant panadol, bonjela, and the amber teething necklace, but he kept waking up crying. I ended up sleeping with him that night because the only thing that made him feel better was nursing all night long. Poor guy :(
I think that the other bottom front tooth is coming soon, so he's been a bit fussy lately, but nothing too bad. His night-time sleeping has gone back to normal (up only once or twice and sleeping the whole night in his own room), but his naps are another story! I've been taking his morning nap with him and he falls asleep in my arms for his afternoon nap while I'm sitting on the couch reading. A few times he's skipped the afternoon nap altogether. Oy!
No comments:
Post a Comment