24 June 2010

Who is this baby??

Every night keeps getting better!  Last night he slept all the way until 11:45 pm without waking a single time!  I brought him into bed with me, fed him, and he didn't wake again until 5:30 am!  Tonight, I put him to bed wide awake and walked out of the room (he was laughing, so I wished him a good night and walked out).  I haven't heard a peep from him and it's been 20 minutes, so I assume he has put himself to sleep!  Naps haven't been quite as successful (I keep caving and napping with him...), but we're working on it. 

I can't believe what a success this whole Baby Whisperer thing has been.  I should have done this when he was 5 months old.  I think he would have been ready then.  I have to say though, as with any book, it's important to take what will work for your family and leave the rest.  Sure, we have a fairly consistent routine, but it is no where near as rigid as the Baby Whisperer suggests.  The reason why we have had such success is because I didn't get bogged down with following every last detail and I did what was right for us.  If you want change to your infant's sleep habits in a relatively quick manner, I can almost guarantee that there will be some crying involved, but I can also tell you that you don't have to resort to letting your baby cry himself into a vomitty mess to achieve results. 

1 comment:

A Baby Peach said...

Glad to read it's working well! I am goign to research this option more as well since you know the vomitty mess is not going well over here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails