My new camera arrived yesterday! After tons of research, I decided on the Canon EOS Rebel XS
(in Australia it is known as Canon EOS 1000D). Instead of the lens that comes with it (which is apparently horrible), I also got the Canon Lens 50 mm EF f/1.8 II
.
I know absolutely nothing about photography, so I also bought this book (which is apparently the must have book for every beginner): Understanding Exposure
, in order to try and teach myself some tricks and techniques. I had a little play around with the camera, and here are two pictures of little man Henzo:
I know absolutely nothing about photography, so I also bought this book (which is apparently the must have book for every beginner): Understanding Exposure


4 comments:
The kit lens is not horrific! I firmly believe that anyone who tells you that it is is either:
(a) unfamiliar with basics such as proper exposure, aperture, and shutter speed.
or
(b) a lens snob.
Will you like your nifty fifty lens? I'm sure of it. But don't discount the kit lens either...it is a GOOD lens!
Just found your blog (love, love, love!) Had to stop by and tell you how adorable your little one is!
Just wanted to pop in and say that I voted for you on TMB today! Hope you will visit my blog and do that same : )
ldnursemomma.blogspot.com
Thanks for the comments everyone! And Jess, I just voted for you too! :)
Post a Comment