Nothing. I've decided to do nothing about Henry's night wakings. Yes, I nurse him to sleep every time he wakes up (which is several times each night), and while previously I was stressed out about this "bad habit," I've decided to just go with the flow on this one. Henry has weaned himself from the pacifier, the swaddle, and the need to be rocked to sleep without any help from me whatsoever, and I'm sure this is no different. One day he won't need to be nursed to sleep any more and one day he will sleep the entire night without waking. Those days are probably not coming soon, but he is only 6 1/2 months old, and most babies this age are still waking during the night.
The system we have going on is really not so bad at all. He nurses to sleep on his double bed (well, he sleeps on a double bed mattress on the floor now) and I can easily slip away after he has fallen asleep. At some point during the night (around midnight), I end up sleeping the rest of the night in there with him. If we are still doing this when I am pregnant again, I will consider doing this solution.
The system we have going on is really not so bad at all. He nurses to sleep on his double bed (well, he sleeps on a double bed mattress on the floor now) and I can easily slip away after he has fallen asleep. At some point during the night (around midnight), I end up sleeping the rest of the night in there with him. If we are still doing this when I am pregnant again, I will consider doing this solution.
1 comment:
Just dropping by from the d-list. I like your perspective on this. You are right, eventually he will sleep through the night :)
Post a Comment