Nights 4 and 5 of the night weaning have gone by and I have seen zero progress. The first couple of night wakings go great- he goes right back to sleep and all I have to do is pat him for a minute or two. But for the rest of the night, he will cry and cry and cry and it never stops. I keep doubting myself. I mean, maybe he really is hungry after just a few hours? So I feed him, but the same thing happens the next hour. I just don't know what to do. I was not getting any sleep before, and now I'm getting even less. I'm going to keep going with this until the end of the week. Except, now I am going to stick to the plan. Here is the new plan:
* Feed to sleep at bedtime (usually between 6 and 7 pm) and again at 11 pm (just pat to sleep for night wakings before 11 pm)
* From 11 pm-3 am: no feeding, just patting
* 3 am feed
* 3 am-waking for day (around 6:30 am): just pat to sleep.
I am bit scared that if I don't feed him again after 3 am, that he will wake up for the day at an ungodly hour at like 4:30 am or something. I guess we shall see what happens tonight!
* Feed to sleep at bedtime (usually between 6 and 7 pm) and again at 11 pm (just pat to sleep for night wakings before 11 pm)
* From 11 pm-3 am: no feeding, just patting
* 3 am feed
* 3 am-waking for day (around 6:30 am): just pat to sleep.
I am bit scared that if I don't feed him again after 3 am, that he will wake up for the day at an ungodly hour at like 4:30 am or something. I guess we shall see what happens tonight!

No comments:
Post a Comment