Many people ask me what I do all day as a stay-at-home-mom/mum. I thought I'd make a post that might give you a glimpse into what my daily life looks like.
Henry wakes up at around 6 am. If I'm lucky, he will sleep in until 6:30, other days he might wake as early as 5. We usually hang out with daddy while he gets ready for work and after he leaves, we both take a nap. After that, each day is different.
I usually clean the house and change the sheets one day a week (I prefer a one day marathon, rather than doing a little each day), do at least one load of laundry every day (including washing his cloth diapers every few days), and go to the grocery store two or three times a week (Henry loves grocery shopping!). Every day at around 5 pm, I try to get dinner started or at least get all the chopping done. Then I give him a bath.
Each week I try to make it to an Australian Breastfeeding Association meeting (great way to get out of the house and talk to other mums) and every Friday is my mothers group (Henry's play group). These things keep me sane and are a great way to interact with other adults!
Henry naps two or three times a day for 1-2 hours each. During those times, I either nap with him, I read a book, or I write a blog plost (like right now!). Some afternoons I take him for a walk while I listen to my favourite podcast on my ipod, "This American Life." While Henry is awake and we are at home, I play with him in his playroom, sing and dance with him, read to him, or I wear him in my woven wrap while I do things like hang up the laundry (Aussies don't really use dryers! So weird!).
Mark gets home from work at around 6:30 pm, which is around the time when Henry goes to bed. We then eat dinner, hang out, watch tv, and that's about it! That's my life in a nutshell!
No comments:
Post a Comment