Henry had his 4 month vaccines last Thursday and he did great! He only cried for about 30 seconds and then was fine! (This was very different than his 2 month vaccines, after which he cried for about 15 minutes straight). He was a bit irritable for a few days after, and woke up every hour that first night. Desperate for sleep, I decided to swaddle the little guy (with TWO blankets so that he could not break free!) and ended up bringing him in our bed. I have been swaddling every night since and he's ended up in our bed at some point each night. Now we are back to square one! Oh well. We will stop swaddling one day, I hope...
In other news, in just a few weeks we will be making our way over the US for our renewal of vows wedding celebration (first time the Americans will be meeting Mark & Henry). My anxiety about this continues to grow as our departure date draws near. 23 hours on a plane with a baby?!?!? How on earth will we entertain him for that long? How will we get him to sleep? And that's not even the worst of my fears. The logistics of the wedding day itself are immensely worrisome. I just don't see how he will fall asleep at such a noisy event. We are going to have a babysitter sit with him in another room while he naps, but I'm imagining a complete disaster. It will all work out somehow, right??
No comments:
Post a Comment