Today was Henry's first birthday party! The weather was perfect, all of the guests came, and everyone had a great time. I thought Henry might be a bit overwhelmed with all the guests, but he was great! I think he's getting a bit of separation anxiety because he took a while to warm up to other people holding him. I didn't want to push him to let others hold him, so I let him go to others on his own terms, and he did. He also showed off his walking skills! The little guy is walking a lot these days. One thing I regret is that I didn't take many pictures at all. What was I thinking??? Here are a couple:
The party was from 3-5 pm and I am glad that I chose that time. I served a few finger foods like cheese and crackers, hummus and pita bread triangles, shrimp cocktail (known as prawns to Australians), fruit, and of course, cupcakes. People didn't end up eating much, probably because it was hot and outdoors. All in all, it was a huge success! Henry's actual birthday is next week. My goodness, I can't believe my baby is nearly one!
1 comment:
Happy {early} birthday, Henry! Sounds like the party went really really well. Glad to hear it!
Post a Comment