14 September 2010

Skipping the sippy cup


I never liked the idea of the sippy cup, because it looks like just another superfluous plastic baby item, and Henry just chews on it and plays with it.  From 6 months, I would give him a sip of water out of my glass during mealtimes, but of course it's much too big for him to hold himself and he would always try to grab it and get upset when I wouldn't let him have it.  What to do?  Well, ever since I read about this genius idea over at Small Notebook a couple of months I ago, I have been giving Henry a little espresso mug to drink his water.  At first I had to hold it for him, but now he has completely mastered holding it himself without dumping it out! 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great snapshots, and I love this idea. I actually remember my mom skipping the sippy cup and going straight to a mug for my youngest brother.

Related Posts with Thumbnails