This has been a very busy month! The three of us took our first trip together over to the US and Henry did remarkably well! The flights were long. VERY long. Henry did just fine, but it was exhausting for Mark and me. The little guy adapted very well to the time change, the cold weather, new sights and people, and basically everything! He is such an easy going baby! He definitely has not developed any separation anxiety (yet?), because he was just fine with anyone holding him. We all had a great time and it was just wonderful seeing old friends.
We just got back last week and it has taken Henry the entire week to get acclimated back to Brisbane time. Ever since we got back I've been giving him sticks of banana each morning to play with. He will pick it up and even put it in his mouth, but doesn't really eat it yet. If he manages to break off a piece, he just spits it out. This is completely normal for the first tastes of food, Baby-led Weaning style. This first step is just about getting familiar with food. Breastmilk provides all the nutrients he needs at this point.
I think Henry is starting to wean himself from the pacifier. I never put it in his mouth any more, instead I just hand it to him. Most of the time he doesn't want it, sometimes he will chew on the sides (we use this pacifier: Natursutten BPA-Free Natural Rubber Pacifier).
Henry's current favourite toys are: his Sophie the Giraffe Teether, any toys the crinkle, toys with a mirror, wooden blocks, stacking rings, and his Fisher-Price Soothe & Glow Seahorse.
Milestones
* Starting to combine consonants (he can say mum mum mum, it's so cute!)
* Feeds self finger food
* Spends longer studying toys and what to do with them
* Enjoys playing while sitting up
* Cries when toy is taken away
* Sleeps completely swaddle-free! We didn't do anything special to achieve this, he just was ready one day to sleep with his arms out. He now sleeps in this sleeping bag: aden + anais Slumber Muslin Sleeping Bag Single Layer
, which is awesome for hot weather.
Next big milestones that we are waiting on: standing while holding onto furniture (he is so close! much closer than last month!), pointing at toys, more varied babbling sounds
Check out the Henry tab above to see his monthly photos.

4 comments:
Hey welcome to the MBC club!!! I am now following your blog on Google Friend , so come on over and follow back at www.safehomehappymom.com
I am sure you will love our safe living tips and safe/eco-conscious giveaways. Have a great weekend ahead.
Hey! I stopped in from the D list. I had a thoughtful comment typed out but the ad below the post blocked the box for me to type the captcha so I couldn't submit. Here's my second try... hopefully it goes better. (Please consider either changing the ad or disabling captchas please!)
SO Hi! Henry is adorable! My baby Oliver (only a few weeks younger than yours) came out with tons of hair so I'm not used to seeing lovely bald round headed babies! Also, our boys seem to have some things in common: Sophie and just starting solids to name a couple!
Later on, Sara
Stopped by from the D-list, Henry is adorable! Our babies are practically the same age! I cloth diaper also :)! Glad I found your blog :)
Thanks guys for visiting my blog! I love new visitors and comments!
Sara- Thanks for the tip. I have now disabled captchas! Also, I love the name Oliver! So cute!
Post a Comment