29 November 2009
Moby Wrap, etc.
Here is Henry in my Close Carrier. I was talked into buying this thing at my local cloth diapers/babywearing shop. I love it and Henry falls asleep instantly in this thing. Seriously, how does anyone survive motherhood without one?
The Close Baby Carrier is essentially the same thing as the Moby wrap, Baby K'tan, Hug-a-Bub, Sleepy Wrap, etc: stretchy fabric used to hold your baby close. The Close Carrier has rings to make it even easier than the moby, but they dig into my hips, so I kind of wish I had a moby instead.
When Henry gets fussy (usually meaning he is tired, if he's not hungry), I just put him in and he falls asleep instantly. This thing is a lifesaver, especially in the middle of the night when he won't go back to sleep after a feeding!! I hear it's not so good when they get older (because it's stretchy fabric and doesn't stay tight for an older child), but it's wonderful while he is still small!
EDIT: I am editing this page now that Henry in 4 months old. In hindsight, this type of carrier is only good for the first 2 months at the most. Instead of a moby-type carrier, I would recommend getting a good quality woven wrap (like a Vatanai). If expense is an issue, you can get them second hand on the FSOT forum at The Babywearer.
Labels:
baby gear,
babywearing,
henry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment