11 November 2009

2 weeks old!

The little guy has made it two weeks in the world and he is such a good baby!  Almost never cries!  Maybe this is just part of the newborn stage to be so pleasant?  Maybe it's because I did yoga while I was pregnant?  Who knows!  He smiles in his sleep all the time and it is so sweet.  I just love looking at him.  Here are some things that I am finding to be useful for a newborn:

Newborn sized clothes.  Henry was average sized when he was born and the 0-3 months size are still swimming on him!  Newborn sized clothes are a must have for newborns (unless your baby is like 9 or 10 pounds)!

Sleeping gowns.  He only has two sleeping gowns and I wish we had a whole bunch more.  It is so annoying to do up the snaps on the legs of his sleep suits at night.  Sleeping gowns with a drawstring on the bottom are a bonus, because they don't ride up.

Boppy pillow.  I'm breastfeeding and I don't know what I would do without this thing.  Perfect support!  A regular pillow is just not the same! 

The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding by La Leche League.  It took me about 7-10 days to really get the hang of breastfeeding.  This book was helpful in making sure I was doing everything right because I kept second guessing myself (is he latched on correctly? is he getting enough? how often should I feed? etc).

The Baby Book by Dr. Sears.  This book is ESSENTIAL!  I don't know how anyone survives without it.  It has everything you ever wanted to know about babies.  Perfect reference manual for just looking something up really quick (like, what to do if he has gas, etc). 

Sling.  I am not a fan of just leaving my little baby in his bassinet all day.  He needs human contact, so I carry him around in my sling!  Super easy and it puts him to sleep too!  Mine is a Minimonkey, but really any sling will do.  Or actually, any sort of babywearing device (like a mei tei or moby or something) would be handy.  This is a good website to see different carriers and positions. 

bumGenius all-in-one cloth diapers in size xs.  This is my all time favourite diaper!  It is exactly like a disposable diaper, but no diaper rash and no blow-outs!  Also, super trim fitting!  I wish that I had more of these!  See them here  .   

I think that's pretty much it.  Babies don't really need much at this age.  The bouncy seat is helpful for when we are eating dinner, but I don't really use it otherwise.

Things that are useless at this point:  stroller (much easier to just carry him in the sling),  beanies (too hot!), toys, playmat, his bedroom.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails