24 November 2009

Day to day life with baby Henry

I have been trying to figure out what Henry's natural schedule is, and there does not appear to be any yet (different every day!).  He nurses every 1-3 hours around the clock, and during the day he is generally in a state of quiet alertness between nursing sessions (with only a very brief nap after nursing, in which he promptly wakes up if I move him).  He loves to be held, and will only sit in his bouncy seat for very short periods before getting upset.  During the night, he usually goes right back to sleep after nursing (thank goodness!).  One thing that has been extremely helpful is the side-lying nursing position.  I don't know how I would survive the night-time feedings without knowing how to feed in this position!

Recently, I have been trying to play with Henry during his awake times during the day (trying to enhance his development!).  He doesn't really do much at this point, he just kind of stares off into space, and sometimes I can catch his attention if I show him black and white toys.  I dance with him and sing to him and read him books with lots of rhymes (I read somewhere that rhymes and repetition are good for language development).  I also wear him around in the wrap, which allows me to do things like make lunch, do laundry, etc.

On another note, we close on our new house on Monday, which is very exciting!  We don't have to move out of our current place until January, so we will use December to paint and get it all ready for us to move in!  Here is a picture of the back of the house:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails