So, I've been taking a bit of a blogging break because I've been terribly sick and just have not had the energy to do anything. I thought that I was done blogging, but it is something I enjoy doing, so I'm thinking I will start up again. Plus, there is some good news...
We're pregnant! Henry is going to be a big brother! The little one will join us in June 2011, which will make them about 19-20 months apart. Yes, this was planned, but it was somewhat surprising that it happened the first month of not preventing. I should feel lucky that I am so fertile! I have a feeling that I have some very challenging times ahead of me, but I guess it seems too far away to be nervous or scared. At this point I am happy, excited, and in anticipation of the "big" ultrasound in January to find out if everything is ok and the sex.
Morning sickness started earlier (5 weeks) with this one, whereas with Henry it didn't start until 8 weeks. I have been feeling so incredibly ill that it's been difficult to even brush my teeth or take a shower, let alone leave the house. On the plus side, I'm so glad this is happening while Henry is still (usually) taking two naps a day that way I can nap with him. In the last few days, the nausea seems to have gotten a bit better, but I'm not back to normal yet.
Yup, I'm still breastfeeding. I thought he would start to wean on his own, but if anything he's nursing more! He has also started to bite me more, which makes me think that my supply is dipping, but it's hard to tell. I haven't had any issues with nipple soreness, which apparently can happen. At this point, I am going to go with the flow and see how we go. Perhaps I will wean him, but not just yet.
Here's a few books I've added to my reading list to prepare:
1 comment:
CONGRATULATIONS! That's amazing! :)
From what I've heard- most of the time, the first baby (or older sibling) will automatically wean him/herself once mama nears the end of her pregnancy and starts producing more colostrum than actual milk... they won't like the taste.
Keep us updated!
Post a Comment