22 August 2011

life with 2 under 2


We are two months into it and life with two kids under two is proving to be not as hard as I thought it would be.  Mostly because Owen is SUCH an easy-going baby.  He is what The Baby Whisperer would call an "angel" baby.  Henry falls in the category of "touchy."  What a difference!  He is so portable. Plus, I figured out how to nurse in my Mei Tai Baby Carrier while walking around.  So now I really can go anywhere at any time.  

Even though Owen is such a great baby, I am having a hard time getting him to take naps any other place besides my arms.  This is not an issue if we leave the house, because he can just nap in the mei tai, but this is pretty annoying while we are home.  It's hard to have him strapped to me during his naps while having to get things done and look after Henry all at the same time.  He's only two months old though, so we will just have to see how this plays out. 

Owen has been sleeping pretty well at night (he usually goes to bed a bit after Henry, sometimes a bit before), so we are hoping to move him into the crib in the next month or so.  He's also extremely long and quickly outgrowing the bassinet!  For this reason, we've moved Henry into his big boy bed (a single bed mattress on the floor) and so far he has done great!  He's still wearing an aden + anais sleep sack, so he can't really get out of bed easily, which is good.  At this point we can't decide if Henry and Owen will share a room or not (they will eventually have to share a room when we have a third child, the issue is when to start the sharing).  I may talk about that in a future post.

Anyway, in conclusion, so far life with 2 under 2 is going well.  Sure, I'm pretty sleep deprived, I feel fat, my clothes and hair look horrible, but that will all get better in time.  I enjoy being busy all the time, because having just one child was getting a bit a boring!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails