09 October 2009

Getting ready for Henry


Henry will be sleeping in our room for a period of time.  We are moving in December (although, we have no house yet...), so we are holding off on doing his nursery until we move into the new house (we do have some stuff though, and the theme will be nautical).  We decided to have him sleep in the Amby Baby motion bed hammock, because it's highly recommended by friends and Dr. Sears.
  
As you may know, we are going to be cloth diapering Henry.  Some of you may be sceptical (side note: Australians spell "skeptical" with a "c"! Weird!) about this, but I have done my research on all of the modern options, and I have become somewhat obsessed with it.  I can't wait!! Here is what he have for our newborn stash (from left to right in the photo): all are in the smallest size
  • 10 x fitteds (Kissaluvs, Thirsties, Bumgenius, and Loveybums)
  • 2 x pockets (Blueberry and Swaddlebees) & 2 x all-in-ones (Bumgenius and Itti Bitti)
  • 5 x covers (Thirsties & Imse Vimse)... because prefolds and fitteds require covers for them to be 100% waterproof
  • 12 x newborn prefolds (Green Mountain Diapers)

This is the baby book that I got for Henry from the Edna Mae store on Etsy.  I love it!  I highly recommend this seller. 



Here are a few websites that I find to be helpful for the all important task of parenting:
In the midst of being pregnant and preparing for Henry, I have also been working part-time as a research assistant and planning our wedding celebration which is next April (renewal of vows).  Busy times!! Today was actually my last day of work,  so I am just going to spend my final days enjoying myself until our lives change forever!!

I'm 38 weeks pregnant today, which means that Henry could be born any time from today until early in the first week of November at the very latest.  He has been consistently measuring small since about 26 or 28 weeks, so it's predicted that he will be a tiny baby.  We will see if the doctors are right!

All of Henry's clothes are washed, his carseat is installed, hospital bags are packed, the only thing missing is the little one!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails